Pop the champagne! It’s time to say goodbye to 2019 and say hello to Liv & B your best Self in 2020! There’s something refreshing and exciting about turning the page, closing a chapter and seeing all the possibilities for the New Year. A fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning, and a new chance at being the best YOU possible. For the past three years we at Liv & B have started the year off by choosing a Word of the Year to align with our brand and vision of supporting, celebrating, and serving the evolved woman.
CULTIVATE is my word for 2020.
Merriam-Webster defines Cultivate as: To foster the growth of something; to improve by labor, care, or study; to further encourage.
To sincerely cultivate relationships takes time, energy and commitment. This includes relationships of all kinds: family, friends and other small business owners. As a small business owner, I want to cultivate a positive and encouraging work environment for my contributors and collaborators; to foster personal growth in a dynamic team setting. I also want to invest in myself (my mind, body and spirit) and have quality time to self-care. (Last year my word was balance, and it really helped me focus on not spending too much time on one thing.) I want to cultivate a community in my small business bringing all women alike to realize the imperfect is really perfect and that we love you just as you are in this moment. I want to help simplify your day, through weekly blog posts, redefined classic jewelry and handmade leather goods. I want to make a difference in the lives of the people in my community, like a sisterhood. What better way to do that than to make intentional investments in the things that matter most!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CHOOSE A WORD OF THE YEAR?
1. It helps with goal planning and achievement.
2. Helps with connection to your inner badass self, and a subtle reminder that you can achieve anything you put your mind too.
3. Keeps mindset in the right place to have success with even the littlest of goals.
4. Provides a sweet daily reminder to continue on your path, even when it gets tough, and to remind you of why you are doing it in the first place. Pay it forward with your word.
5. INVEST in yourself. By doing this you will be able to give back to the community and prioritize your own life more sincerely. It will reduce stress, anxiety and negativity. Your inward focus will make you more outwardly positive and optimistic.
What word defines the year ahead for you and why? Let me know, I would love to hear from you!
We’ll stamp your word onto a pure silver tag so you can hang it on your key chain as a constant reminder. Hold it in your fingers for just a few seconds to set your daily intentions in your personal and professional life. Invest in yourself and don’t give up!
Here is the link:
Here is a great list to get ideas and what word resonates with your state of mind and the intentions for 2020. Let's do this together!